Monday, August 28, 2006

Missing The Point... By A Country Mile!

I get a lot of visitor feedback on UltimateFatBurner.com -- the vast majority of it is hugely positive. Great feedback makes my day... I'm happy that I've been able to help so many people make informed purchasing decisions as well as unveiling some of the nefarious doings commonplace to much of the supplement industry today.

Occasionally though, I get a visitor or two who "just doesn't get it." Their e-mails usually go something like this...

Dear "expletive deleted,"

You're an "expletive deleted." What's the matter with you? Why must you bad mouth every product out there? Don't you realize that natural products are a healthy alternative to dangerous drugs? Do you have any real proof that all the products you bad mouth don't do what they say?

And so on, and so on, and so on.

Unfortunately, these few visitors are missing the point. First of all...

I do have positive things but only when circumstances merit. For instance, you'll find positive comments on my new fat burner chart. And I've always had good things to say about Isatori's Lean System 7 (reviewed here!), one of the few fat burners with real clinical evidence validating its claims. But unlike many of the other "review" sites out there, whose real mandate is to regurgitate marketing messages and to sell fat burners, UltimateFatBurner.com is supported by advertising, and its only mandate is balanced, unbiased product reviews.

Second, whether or not natural products are a safer alternative to prescription drugs (a debatable topic in any event) has nothing to do with why I say what I say. If a product has no evidence to support its claims, I could care less whether or not it comes from natural sources. A scam is a scam, regardless of its ingredient profile.

Third, it is the onus of the supplement manufacturers to prove their marketing claims. It is not up to me to set up double-blind, placebo controlled studies to prove or disprove their various claims. I point out that most retailers exaggerate or fabricate the claims made about their products. It is then up to the manufacturers to present evidence to the contrary. They can't do that. If they could, how many times do you think I'd be sued for slander by now?

The bottom line is that the majority of supplement retailers are not looking after your best interests. They're interested in packing their Cayman Islands tax havens to the rafters with cash. If a few of my visitors care to think otherwise, that's their prerogative. In the meantime, I'll keep on doing what I'm doing!

Visit UltimateFatBurner.com today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home